Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not much new..

Well it has been almost a month since my last post and unfortunately I have nothing to report for chases. Things have been pretty busy between work and my family. I'm hoping to get out soon. In the past week I have purchased a new car and I am eager to do my first chase with it. A 2008 Chev Impala. I needed some more room and the Cavalier just wasn't cutting it. So anyone that happens to see me chasing trains feel free to say "Hi". Now if you are ever traveling throughout NB you may notice some cameras along the highways. These are web cams that belong to the Department of Transportation.
The main reason I bring this up is there is a web cam pointed directly at the Rte 7 crossing in Welsford. I have been checking the cam quite frequently to see if it should happen to catch a train in the shot. The day after I found the website I caught a shot of the crossing lights on. But finally after 2 months of checking the website the cam caught a train crossing Rte 7.
You can check out this webcam and many others in NB by using this link:

1 comment:

Adam p. said...

I have that camera in my favourites list and have been checking it for the past 4 months and all I've managed to see is one train and a MOW vehicle going across, but its definetly worth cheking every now and again.